The road to ending MAGA’s Republican control of the House of Representatives runs through this handful of key districts. In 2020, Joe Biden won the presidency and triumphed in congressional districts across the country, and in the 2022 midterm elections, 18 of those congressional districts elected Republicans to the House of Representatives.
It’s true: only 18 districts! And if we can return just five, we can send Kevin McCarthy and Marjorie Taylor Greene to the minority and empower Democrats to legislate for an America that works for all of us. Scroll down this page to see the full list of the 18 vulnerable GOP representatives who make up the Complicit Caucus.
What is the Complicit Caucus?
We call these 18 members of Congress the Complicit Caucus because they are complicit in empowering the MAGA extremists who run the Republican Party. And the more we can expose them, the more we can prepare to defeat these vulnerable Republicans in their rotating districts across the country. Here are the facts about each of these reps:
- They represent a district the Democrats can win again.
- Their constituents include many Democrats and moderates– who would be appalled at how these reps are enabling the MAGA agenda by supporting Kevin McCarthy, voting with Marjorie Taylor Greene and appointing extremists to chair key committees – that’s why we need to show that these reps are NOT the moderates they make up like.
- Every week, the Complicit Caucus activates the MAGA agenda in a way that is unpopular – and if we can call them out, we can develop the grassroots energy to defeat them.
How can we defeat the complicit caucus
We can all work together to expose the complicit caucus, pressure them in key votes, and lay the groundwork to defeat them in 2024. Here are some steps already underway – and how we can act, especially those of us who live in these neighborhoods:
- Share information on the Complicit Caucus voting record—you can publish, transfer and publicize the analysis carried out by MoveOn which shows the voting records of these members.
- You can demand that Republicans not touch Social Security, Medicare and other essential programs—just use this great tool which allows you to easily record a short video message that we can post and share to keep building momentum.
- You can start a petition aiming at one of these republicans— to demand that they represent their constituents and oppose GOP leadership, to call them to allegiance to MAGA Republicans, or to accomplish whatever is a priority in your area. Some MoveOn members have started petitions asking members of Congress to hold town halls and confront their constituents directly! Any petition you start can help focus pressure on these representatives and build local and local power to ultimately defeat them.
- You can learn more about the 18 complicit caucus Republicans by subscribe to MoveOn updates and being on the lookout for more blog posts, emails and text messages like this, with research we’re compiling how extreme they all are and actions you can join with other MoveOn members to make the difference.
- You can donate to MoveOn to help fuel our efforts to defeat these imposterswhether it’s extensive opposition research and district-specific polling or flooding their offices with targeted ads calling out their hypocrisy, all while building our local muscles to oust them in 2024.
You can also follow MoveOn on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok as we continue to share special opportunities and additional information as these key districts are critical to what happens in Congress this year and what happens in next year’s election. YOU will be essential to help take back the House in 2024.
Are you a voter of a complicit caucus member? See the list of members and their congressional districts below.
Representative Don Bacon (NE-2)
Rep. Lori Chavez-DeRemer (OR-5)
Representative Juan Ciscomani (AZ-6)
Representative Anthony D’Esposito (NY-4)
Representative John Duarte (CA-13)
Representative Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1)
Representative Mike Garcia (CA-27)
Representative Thomas Kean Jr. (NJ-07)
Rep. Jen Kiggans (VA-2)
Representative Young Kim (CA-40)
Representative Nicholas LaLota (NY-1)
Representative Michael Lawler (NY-17)
Representative Marcus Molinaro (NY-19)
Representative George Santos (NY-3)
Rep. David Schweikert (AZ-1)
Rep. Michelle Steel (CA-45)
Rep. David Valadao (CA-22)
Representative Brandon Williams (NY-22)